Once again, we’d like to invite you to try a work-in-progress version of the upcoming Darwin Project content update on Steam. We’ve got some exciting new features coming in the November patch and you can try them out on Friday, November 9. The improvements in this patch aren’t final, but we’d still like your impressions on them in their current state.
Remember that you’ll be playing an early version, so everything is subject to change and you may experience small issues. More information below!
WHAT EXACTLY AM I TESTING?
The main focus of the November patch is balance, so we’ll mainly be looking for your feedback on several gameplay adjustments. However, we’d also love your thoughts on:
- The Show Director Soundboard: A way for Show Directors to highlight key moments in the arena by playing various sound effects
- The Playground: A work-in-progress area where inmates can learn the basics and experiment with their equipment
- New Private Match options: Once you’ve gotten a feel for the other changes, start up a Private Match with friends to unleash a healthy dose of chaos!
The build contains more improvements than those listed above, and you’ll be able to share your thoughts about everything you noticed in the post-playtest survey.
WHEN IS THE TECHNICAL PLAYTEST?
The Technical Playtest will take place on Friday, November 9 from 2 PM EST (7 PM UTC) to 6 PM EST (11 PM UTC) on Steam.
HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE IN THE PLAYTEST?
- Go to your Steam library
- Right-click on Darwin Project and select Properties
- Go to the Beta tab and enter the playtest code: playtest73429482
- Click Check Code, then select Playtest from the drop-down menu
- Restart Steam and launch Darwin Project
Important: Don’t forget to opt out of the Playtest branch once it is over! You can do this by going back to the Beta tab in the game’s Properties and selecting None from the drop-down menu.
CAN I STREAM OR RECORD THE PLAYTEST?
Yes! Don’t forget to opt out of the Playtest when you are done playing before continuing to stream Darwin Project.
HOW CAN i SEND YOU MY THOUGHTS?
We’d love to hear your feedback about the November patch content! We will be posting the link to the post-playtest survey in the playtesting build as well as our social channels. Please take the time to fill it out and help us make this update the best it can be!
WHEN DOES THE NOVEMBER CONTENT UPDATE DROP?
The next patch will be available on November 20, with patch notes published a few days earlier as usual.
We hope you’ll join us, and see you in the arena!