Under the supervision of the Artistic Director, the 3D Environment Artist will be responsible for creating stylized 3D models of objects and environments for the artistic needs of the studio’s projects. Responsibilities will include modelling, texturing, lighting and optimization.
qualifications & experiences
- A minimum of 5 years experience creating 3D environments;
- Strong portfolio demonstrating stylized art;
- Experience in 3D Modeling & Texturing (vegetation, mechanical, architecture, etc.);
- Experience in Level Art;
- Proficiency in Lighting Game Environments;
- Proficiency at creating and working with modular assets;
- Experience using Maya or 3ds Max, Substance Painter and Designer, Photoshop;
- Good eye for composition and a good understanding of what is needed to create an environment;
- Attention to detail and understanding of the visual direction.
- A proven ability to work in a team environment;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in both French and English;
- Knowledge of shader creation;
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4;
- Experience using ZBrush;
- Experience with optimization on various systems.
Scavengers Studio (creators of Darwin Project) is an indie video game studio created in 2015 with the mission to create, produce, and distribute brand new original IPs. Scavengers is a passionate collective of AAA, indie, and freelancers who aspire to push the boundaries of interactive media, to create new experiences in the medium. United by our desire to expand what’s possible in the medium, both in the form – underlying technology and design – and the content – narrative and tone.
Please apply at email@example.com by sending your resume and any relevant materials.
During the COVID-19 period, we are a fully-online team with no central headquarters at this time. Communication is mostly done via Google Hangout, Slack and JIRA. Our office is usually located at 3451 boul. Saint-Laurent, Montréal (QC).
Please apply before November 29, 2020. If selected, the next step will be a video call interview.
This is a full-time permanent position.
- Competitive salary, benefits and vacation;
- Great work-life balance, we limit crunch as much as possible.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in Canada.
- Scavengers Studio is an equal opportunity employer. We offer the same accessibility to employment without distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and age.