Under the supervision of the Technical Director, the 3D Programmer, will work in close collaboration with the production team, designers and artists. The candidate will have a good understanding of the physics of lighting and a working knowledge of physically based shading.
role and responsibilities
- Consult with other teams to assess their needs and vision;
- Compile and understand the 3D intentions of the projects;
- Document and communicate development needs and assess technical feasibility;
- Perform memory and performance optimizations of the 3D technology to meet the requirements for target platforms of the game;
- Provide support to other team members as required to correctly and efficiently utilize the 3D technology;
- Debug and fix issues in the 3D technology as they arise;
- Analyse and propose improvement to the existing 3D technology in the engine.
qualifications & experiences
- A minimum of 5 years of video game programming experience;
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Multimedia or any other relevant field;
- Have delivered at least 3 titles on the following platforms: PS4, Xbox One, Switch and/or Steam;
- Good knowledge of the C++ language;
- Strong knowledge of mathematics and vector algebra;
- Experience with profiling, code and data optimization techniques;
- A passion for video games.
- A proven ability to work in a team environment;
- A creative mind, with a critical and analytical sense;
- Rigorous and structured;
- Being able to challenge the player’s mind and to put yourself in the player’s shoes;
- Bilingual in English and French, spoken and written;
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4;
- Experience in the AAA industry would be considered an asset.
Scavengers Studio (creators of Darwin Project) is an indie video game studio created in 2015 with the mission to create, produce, and distribute brand new original IPs. Scavengers is a passionate collective of AAA, indie, and freelancers who aspire to push the boundaries of interactive media, to create new experiences in the medium. United by our desire to expand what’s possible in the medium, both in the form – underlying technology and design – and the content – narrative and tone.
Please apply at email@example.com by sending your resume and any relevant materials.
During the COVID-19 period, we are a fully-online team with no central headquarters at this time. Communication is mostly done via Google Hangout, Slack and JIRA. Our office is usually located at 3451 boul. Saint-Laurent, Montréal (QC).
Please apply before November 29, 2020. If selected, the next step will be a video call interview.
This is a full-time permanent position.
- Competitive salary, benefits and vacation;
- Great work-life balance, we limit crunch as much as possible.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in Canada.
- Scavengers Studio is an equal opportunity employer. We offer the same accessibility to employment without distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and age.