Under the supervision of the Animation Director, the Animator’s role is to bring the characters to life by portraying movements and behavior with convincing motions, as well as defining posing and timing to create high-quality keyframe animations. The candidate will be working closely with the art and programming team to create high-quality animations and ensure the animations are optimized for Unreal 4.
role and responsibilities
- Animate characters, environments and cameras within the constraints of the game;
- Ensure the artistic integrity and quality of assets produced.
qualifications & experiences
- A diploma in Computational Arts; Computer Graphics and/or 3D Animation;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the field of video-game animation;
- Knowledge of animation techniques;
- Strong knowledge of Maya;
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4;
- Ability to work within an established pipeline and learn to use custom tools;
- In-depth knowledge of anatomy;
- A proven artistic ability;
- A passion for video games.
- Experience in AAA video game development;
- A proven ability to work in a team environment;
- Autonomous, rigorous, organized and with a problem-solving mindset;
- Bilingual in English and French, spoken and written;
- An experience in the film industry would be a plus, but not a requirement.
Scavengers Studio (creators of Darwin Project) is an indie video game studio created in 2015 with the mission to create, produce, and distribute brand new original IPs. Scavengers is a passionate collective of AAA, indie, and freelancers who aspire to push the boundaries of interactive media, to create new experiences in the medium. United by our desire to expand what’s possible in the medium, both in the form – underlying technology and design – and the content – narrative and tone.
Please apply at email@example.com by sending your resume, portfolio and any relevant materials.
During the COVID-19 period, we are a fully-online team with no central headquarters at this time. Communication is mostly done via Google Hangout, Slack and JIRA. Our office is usually located at 3451 boul. Saint-Laurent, Montréal (QC).
Please apply before November 29, 2020. If selected, the next step will be a video call interview.
This is a full-time permanent position.
- Competitive salary, benefits and vacation;
- Great work-life balance, we limit crunch as much as possible.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in Canada.
- Scavengers Studio is an equal opportunity employer. We offer the same accessibility to employment without distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and age.