Under the supervision of the Technical Director, the Lead Programmer will work in close collaboration with the production team, designers and artists. He will supervise the development, programming and integration of the project. The ideal candidate will demonstrate good leadership and management skills.
role and responsibilities
- Lead and manage the team of programmers.
- Actively participate in the design and production of video games within a multidisciplinary production team;
- Participate in the technical design and new projects assessments in collaboration with the production team;
- Program optimized game components with a strong mindset of having the best frame rate;
- Integrate game resources such as 3D models, animations, interfaces, visual effects and audio files;
- Coach and challenge the team members on their analysis, their estimated time and the impact of the proposed features;
- Prioritize support and development tasks in collaboration with project managers;
- Implement process improvements.
qualifications & experiences
- A minimum of 8 years of video game development experience;
- Experience as team lead;
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Multimedia or any other relevant field;
- Have delivered at least 3 titles on the following platforms: PS4, Xbox One, Switch and/or Steam;
- Good knowledge of the C++ languages;
- Experience with profiling, code and data optimization techniques;
- A passion for video games.
- A proven ability to work in a team environment;
- A creative mind, with a critical and analytical sense;
- Rigorous and structured;
- Being able to challenge the player’s mind and to put yourself in the player’s shoes;
- Bilingual in English and French, spoken and written;
- Knowledge of mathematics and vector algebra;
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4;
- An experience in the AAA industry would be considered an asset.
Scavengers Studio (creators of Darwin Project) is an indie video game studio created in 2015 with the mission to create, produce, and distribute brand new original IPs. Scavengers is a passionate collective of AAA, indie, and freelancers who aspire to push the boundaries of interactive media, to create new experiences in the medium. United by our desire to expand what’s possible in the medium, both in the form – underlying technology and design – and the content – narrative and tone.
Please apply at email@example.com by sending your resume and any relevant materials.
During the COVID-19 period, we are a fully-online team with no central headquarters at this time. Communication is mostly done via Google Hangout, Slack and JIRA. Our office is usually located at 3451 boul. Saint-Laurent, Montréal (QC).
Please apply before November 15th 2020. If selected, the next step will be a video call interview.
This is a full-time permanent position.
- Competitive salary, benefits and vacation;
- Great work-life balance, we limit crunch as much as possible.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in Canada.
- Scavengers Studio is an equal opportunity employer. We offer the same accessibility to employment without distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and age.