The Producer’s role is to lead a multi-disciplinary group of between 50 and 60 talented developers. The producer has complete ownership of delivering a new high quality IP on time while certain it executes upon the Creative Director’s vision. The Producer is the key person working with the Production Director, the head of the Studio, the Creative directors and the product managers, and the different external partners. They are responsible for the budget and the schedule to build a meaningful game.
role and responsibilities
- Work with the Director of Production to put quality and agility in the forefront of your leadership decisions;
- Promote the vision of the game and prioritize highest value features and set quality targets;
- Anticipate bottlenecks and make trade-offs;
- Be responsible for key deliverables and deadlines by prioritizing and assigning tasks & responsibilities to optimize team performance;
- Be accountable for the overall quality and success of the game.
- Direct all aspects of the game development;
- Give clear direction on projects, empathetic to project constraints and challenges while respecting the Creative and Director of Production vision and priority;
- Oversee creative and technical development of the game;
- Manage the critical dependencies between teams and solve issues.
- Forecast and manage budget reports on a regular basis;
- Be an active decision maker in the hiring process;
- Coach the leads, devs and assist in the resolution of complex problems; and growing their knowledge;
- Coordinate, schedule and attend meetings;
- Produce reports on team progress and achievements;
- Identify and manage risk.
qualifications & experiences
- Minimum of 5 years experience in video game, animation or any other relevant creative and innovative industry, working in a project management role;
- 3-5 years of experience in a producer (or similar role);
- Solid track record of projects, at least 3 published games, successfully delivered (on-time/on-budget);
- Expertise in managing complex projects and priorities;
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary teams;
- Bilingual in English and French, spoken and written.
- Strong work ethic and accountability;
- Collaborative and proactive attitude;
- Problem solving approach;
- Experience of handling certification and submissions on platforms (an asset).
Scavengers Studio (creators of Darwin Project) is an indie video game studio created in 2015 with the mission to create, produce, and distribute brand new original IPs. Scavengers is a passionate collective of AAA, indie, and freelancers who aspire to push the boundaries of interactive media, to create new experiences in the medium. United by our desire to expand what’s possible in the medium, both in the form – underlying technology and design – and the content – narrative and tone.
Please apply at email@example.com by sending your resume and any relevant materials.
During the COVID-19 period, we are a fully-online team with no central headquarters at this time. Communication is mostly done via Google Hangout, Slack and JIRA. Our office is usually located at 3451 boul. Saint-Laurent, Montréal (QC).
Please apply before November 29, 2020. If selected, the next step will be a video call interview.
This is a full-time permanent position.
- Competitive salary, benefits and vacation;
- Great work-life balance, we limit crunch as much as possible.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in Canada.
- Scavengers Studio is an equal opportunity employer. We offer the same accessibility to employment without distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and age.