Under the supervision of the Artistic Director, the Senior Graphic Artist UI/UX Designer will bring art to life in the game, while improving the UX with visuals. The candidate will implement mockups in Unreal Editor using UMG, animations, and material effects. The ideal candidate will be able to adapt to our current art style while continuously helping to refine it.
role and responsibilities
- UI concept design & interaction;
- Visual design creation (in-game art asset & marketing materials);
- Cooperation with development team for the in-game UI design;
- Create new material effects, implement basic logic in blueprints, and/or create 3D effects;
- Style Guide creation (fonts, colors, menus, buttons, icons, etc.)
qualifications & experiences
- Excellent artistic talent for 2D UI art;
- Minimum of 8 years experience;
- Knowledge of Photoshop and/or Illustrator to create new UI screens;
- A proven track record of creation with a particular focus on clarity and usability;
- A proven ability to work in a team environment;
- Bilingual in English and French, spoken and written;
- Ability to react to agile project needs and directions quickly.
- Passion for video games.
- An experience in the AAA industry and indie studio would be considered an asset.
- Experience with Unreal Engine, UMG and Blueprint;
- A proven ability to create art for UI screens for a shipped game title;
Scavengers Studio (creators of Darwin Project) is an indie video game studio created in 2015 with the mission to create, produce, and distribute brand new original IPs. Scavengers is a passionate collective of AAA, indie, and freelancers who aspire to push the boundaries of interactive media, to create new experiences in the medium. United by our desire to expand what’s possible in the medium, both in the form – underlying technology and design – and the content – narrative and tone.
Please apply at email@example.com by sending your resume and any relevant materials.
During the COVID-19 period, we are a fully-online team with no central headquarters at this time. Communication is mostly done via Google Hangout, Slack and JIRA. Our office is usually located at 3451 boul. Saint-Laurent, Montréal (QC).
Please apply before November 29, 2020. If selected, the next step will be a video call interview.
This is a full-time permanent position.
- Competitive salary, benefits and vacation;
- Great work-life balance, we limit crunch as much as possible.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in Canada.
- Scavengers Studio is an equal opportunity employer. We offer the same accessibility to employment without distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and age.