Under the supervision of the Animation Director, the Intermediate Animator’s role is to bring the characters to life by portraying movements and behavior with convincing motions, as well as defining posing and timing to create high-quality animations.
role & responsibilities
- Animate characters for a high octane multiplayer action game;
- With the gameplay programmer, design and build custom animation system to create complex high quality responsive and interruptible behaviors;
- Create a unique flavorful personality and style to each character class through animation;
- Highlight and clarify gameplay feedback;
- Work within time windows to create solid anticipation and resolutions for each move;
- Ensure each player action is deeply satisfying;
- Identify development issues as they arise;
- Participate as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions;
- Provide feedback to other members of the production.
- A diploma in Computational Arts, Computer Graphics and/or 3D Animation;
- Minimum of 4 years experience in the field of video game animation;
- Experience in AAA video game development;
- Strong portfolio (ideally fighting games and/or arcade action games);
- Keyframe Animation Experience;
- Strong knowledge of Maya;
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4/5;
- Ability to work within an established pipeline and learn to use custom tools;
- Knowledge of rigging basics principles (weighting, creating a bone structure and controllers with In house tools) is an asset;
- In-depth knowledge of anatomy and artistic ability;
- Interpersonal skills and team spirit;
- Resourcefulness and adaptability;
- Positive and curious attitude;
- Concern for quality;
- Initiative and autonomy;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Good communication skills in both French and English;
- A passion for video games.
about the studio
Founded in 2015 in Montreal, Scavengers Studio is an independent video game studio bringing together a diverse team of daring creators. The company launched their first game Darwin Project, 3 years later. The studio experienced a wind of change in 2019, as cofounder Amélie Lamarche became the chief executive officer, giving birth to their second project called Season.
Designing and imagining all of the video games they produce, this multidisciplinary group aims to provide unique experiences to its players through unique worlds. Pushing aside conventions, the studio is a playground that stands out for its variety of perspectives, a place where challenge and collaboration are the basis of creation.
This position will primarily be working on an unannounced project.
apply through email
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org by sending your resume, portfolio and any relevant materials.
During the COVID-19 period, we are a fully-online team with no central headquarters at this time. Our office is usually located at 3451 boul. Saint-Laurent, Montréal (QC).
- Competitive salary
- Benefits and vacation
- Great work-life balance, we limit crunch as much as possible.
Please apply before January 23, 2022. If selected, the next step will be a video call interview.
This is a full-time permanent position.
Applicants must be authorized to work in Canada.
Scavengers Studio is an equal opportunity employer. We offer the same accessibility to employment without distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and age.