Scavengers Studio is looking for a versatile, resourceful and responsible person to fill the role of IT Specialist. Under the supervision of the Technical Director, this person will work in close collaboration with the various departments and partners. Having the ability to juggle several projects simultaneously, they will be responsible for ensuring that an adequate IT infrastructure is in place and used to its maximum capacity. They will work conscientiously and precisely with excellent problem-solving skills. This person will also ensure that the IT environment complies with norms, standards and security audits.
role & responsibilities
- Install, maintain and repair the computers and networks;
- Perform regular updates of the IT equipment to ensure that the systems are up-to-date;
- Diagnose the necessary interventions to optimize the IT infrastructure;
- Ensure data security (VPN, 2FA, firewalls, sharing, etc.);
- Manage backup systems;
- Provide efficient technical assistance to employees and partners (through internal communications channels or on-site);
- Manage updates and installations of softwares and computer programs;
- Intervene in case of dysfunction of hardware and software;
- Create a schedule for maintenance;
- Optimize the local network for the distribution of console builds for the QA department;
- Manage the automation of builds and provide technical support during playtests;
- Ensure the proper functioning of live services and systems such as Perforce, Jira, Google Enterprise, etc.;
- Manage accounts like Steam, Discord, Slack, etc.;
- Maintain records of applied repairs and patches for future reference;
- Manage submissions on PC (Steam, EGS, etc.) and consoles (PS4/5, XboxOne, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in an IT Specialist position or similar in a SME context;
- Solid knowledge of computer systems and best practices;
- Good knowledge of computer security principles and data confidentiality;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills;
- Excellent communication skills in both French and English;
- Ability to execute several tasks of various kinds simultaneously;
- Speed of execution and efficiency;
- Resourcefulness and adaptability;
- Positive and curious attitude;
- Interpersonal skills and team spirit;
- Concern for quality;
- Initiative and great autonomy;
- Sense of organization;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Great discretion, strong sense of confidentiality, and exemplary professional ethics;
- Knowledge of video games and / or creative industries, an asset.
about the studio
Founded in 2015 in Montreal, Scavengers Studio is an independent video game studio bringing together a diverse team of daring creators. The company launched their first game Darwin Project, 3 years later. The studio experienced a wind of change in 2019, as cofounder Amélie Lamarche became the chief executive officer, giving birth to their second project called Season.
Designing and imagining all of the video games they produce, this multidisciplinary group aims to provide unique experiences to its players through unique worlds. Pushing aside conventions, the studio is a playground that stands out for its variety of perspectives, a place where challenge and collaboration are the basis of creation.
We are currently building a game called Season.
Close your eyes, take a deep breath and let yourself be carried away by the journey of Season, a third-person atmospheric adventure bicycle road trip game. The premise of Season is that you play a traveller recording the last moments of different cultures before they’re washed away. Through the eyes of a young woman leaving a secluded community, you explore the wider world for the first time.
apply through email
Please apply at email@example.com by sending your resume, portfolio and any relevant materials.
During the COVID-19 period, we are a fully-online team with no central headquarters at this time. Our office is usually located at 3451 boul. Saint-Laurent, Montréal (QC).
- Competitive salary
- Benefits and vacation
- Great work-life balance, we limit crunch as much as possible.
Please apply before January 23, 2022. If selected, the next step will be a video call interview.
This is a full-time permanent position.
Applicants must be authorized to work in Canada.
Scavengers Studio is an equal opportunity employer. We offer the same accessibility to employment without distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and age.